Montana Change Of Address |

Change Of Address

Your car registration is an important legal document, so if your address changes, you may want to update your registration to match it. Changing your address on your car registration can be a hassle, but we've made it much easier by pooling all the information you need together in one place. Just select your state and click "Get Started."

The Car Registration Easy Guide™ is an independent value-add to official DMV services, which may be available for free or at an additional charge.
To download a guide specific to your needs, simply select a service and state above or find an official DMV site or local office.

Changing Address On Car Registration In Montana

How to change the address on car registration in Montana

One of the greatest catalysts for moving within Montana is having a decent job that you are not about to quit. Most of the time, it is hard to find a job, so you are not willing to leave the one you have, especially if you have been employed there for years. Montana is conservative and considered a remote area. With the internet and computers, it is easy for you to telecommute; the drive from another state can be a bit long to get to Montana for work. So moving within the state is more logical. You can still be a part of the things you were a part of when you lived at the old address. The change of address is the only difference. When you change your address, you should have it updated on your documents as well, to avoid having to provide proof of address later on.

The requirements for changing address on car registration are for you to notify the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of Montana in a period of ten days after you have completed the moving process. You can either do this in person or in writing and use the address forms for the changing of the driver's license. The old address as well as the new one should also be provided in addition to your license number. If you choose to do it by mail, it should be sent to The Records Section of the Motor Vehicle Division in Montana. The modification will only take place on the database of the MVD. In order to have it on your license, you will have to prove your identity and pay $10 for the fee.